CONSENT AND WAIVER FORM
Please read DK9C Consent and Waiver, if after you read the form and you agree please complete the form. If you do not agree please call 403-487-2875 so we can talk about your concern.
1. I represent that I am the legal owner or agent for the owner of the dog described in the correlating application form.
2. I release Della’s K9 Connection, its owners, representatives, from any and all liability which I or my dog may suffer including but not limited to injury, sickness, damage, or death resulting from participation in outdoor trail walks and daycare.
3. I represent that my dog is in good health, is current on all required vaccinations (DHLPP, Rabies, and Bortella), is free from fleas, ticks, and lice, and has not been ill with any known contagious viruses in the last 30 days.
4. I understand that all dogs are fully supervised that incident of injuries may occur from playing with the other dogs, which include but not limited to bites, scrapes, scratches, and sprains.
5. I allow Della’s K9 Connection staff to contact my veterinarian or any other accessible vet clinic as deemed necessary should any injuries require medical attention. I agree that I am solely responsible for any medical expenses acquired for my dog.
6. I agree to disclose any previous or current medical issues or concerns of my dog so that Della’s K9 Connection staff can decide of suitability for offsite boarding.
7. I release Della’s K9 Connection from any liability should my dog injure another dog or person and accept medical and legal responsibility for my dogs actions.
8. I agree that my dog may be recorded on camera and its images may be used for Della’s K9 Connection promotional material.
9. Due to the physical nature of any dog training session I attend with Della’s K9 Connection there is a risk of personal injury to myself, or my family members.
10. I hereby release Della’s K9 Connection from any and all claims for damages for libel, slander, invasion of privacy or another claim based on used of the above described material.
11. If you cancel two consecutive sessions; you will default one session.
12. All fees are non-refundable and cancellation of any program must be made via phone call to 403-977-7009. Online and email cancellations will not be accepted.
With my signature below I certify that I have read and understand the agreement and waiver. I agree to abide by the regulations and accept all the terms and conditions as set out.
DELLA’S K9 CONNECTION encourages your whole family to participate in the enriching experience of training your dog. The level of participation and amount of responsibility a child can accept is highly variable. The following guidelines have been developed with the safety of children as the primary concern and to ensure both the handler and the dog benefit from our curriculum.
Youth ages 16 – 17
May enroll in obedience classes with written parental approval.
Children ages 12-15
Prior to the beginning of the class an instructor must evaluate children in this age group. Complete this form to request a youth handler evaluation. You will be contacted within seven days to schedule an evaluation.
Before you enroll you child please consider the following:
Your child’s age
Your child’s interest in dog training
Your child’s attention span.
Your child’s physical ability to handle your dog
Your child’s ability to keep your dog from interacting with other people and dogs when necessary
DELLA’S K9 CONNECTION is not responsible for any injury to dog or handler.
The evaluating instructor will determine whether the class setting is appropriate for your child and recommend a class instructor. If your child is not ready for this responsibility, you will be asked to train your dog during the class session or for any remaining classes.
If your child is approved for obedience class participation, we ask that you, the parents, observe carefully from outside of the training ring and that you watch, listen and learn along with your child. You must be nearby during class time, should you need to take over or assist your child. We ask that parents help their child train at home between classes.
Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to train without a parent or legal guardian on the premises.
Children under the age of 12
Children in this age group are not allowed to handle a dog in obedience classes for the following reasons:
The risk of injury to children in this age group is too great.
The amount of information taught each week is often overwhelming for your children.
Instructors may not be able to provide the individual attention a child under 12 would need, due to the number of students in the class.
One hour class sessions are often too long for young children.
We recommend parents attend class and learn to train the family dog and then engage the child in training sessions at home. Children are welcome to observe classes outside of the training ring provided they are well behaved and under adult supervision.